From Oil Changes to Engine Checks:
Comprehensive Auto Repair
For 45 years in SoCal, Cerritos Auto Square has been the go-to for top-quality car servicing. Rely on our OEM certified technicians and genuine OEM parts for unparalleled care. Plus, with more service bays available, you’ll be back on the road quickly.
Get financing for service and parts.
- No hard credit check to apply.*
- Split payments up to 18 months.
- See your options in 30-seconds.
- Over 90% get approved.
*View disclaimer. Ask your service advisor for details. Program is not available at every Cerritos Auto Square dealer. Please contact individual dealer to determine if participating in the Sunbit program or view the Sunbit partner directory here.
Frequently Asked Questions
The light indicates that your vehicle's on-board diagnostics system has detected an issue, not necessarily an emergency. However, because it can signal anything from a loose gas cap to a serious engine problem, it's important not to ignore it.
- Check for Serious Issues: Look for signs of car troubles such as smoke, strange noises, or loss of power. If these occur, pull over and seek professional help.
- Tighten the Gas Cap: Sometimes, the light comes on because the gas cap isn't fastened tightly enough. Check it and continue driving to see if the light goes off.
- Read the Manual: Your car's manual may provide specific instructions or clarify what different lights mean (some cars have a 'service engine' light in addition to a 'check engine' light).
- Get a Diagnostic Check: If the light doesn't go off, visit a trusted auto service provider like Cerritos Auto Square for a diagnostic check. Our certified technicians will read the error code and identify the issue.
- Don't Delay: While some issues triggering the light aren't urgent, prolonged neglect can lead to bigger, costlier problems.
A blinking or red check engine light typically indicates a more serious issue, and immediate attention is advised.
The frequency of car servicing depends on various factors including the vehicle's age, make, model, driving conditions, and mileage. However, a good rule of thumb is to have your car serviced at least every 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever comes first.
Here's a basic guideline:
- Regular Oil Changes: Typically every 3,000 to 5,000 miles, but some newer models can go up to 7,500 or even 10,000 miles.
- Tire Rotation and Brake Checks: Generally every six months or 6,000 to 8,000 miles.
- Fluid Checks (coolant, brake fluid, power steering fluid, etc.): At least once a year.
- Major Service (all fluids, belts, hoses, and more): Usually every 2 years or 30,000 miles.
Always refer to your car's owner's manual for the manufacturer's recommended service intervals. Regular servicing at trusted service centers like those at Cerritos Auto Square ensures your car stays in peak condition, potentially avoiding more costly repairs down the line.
The standard guideline used to be every 3 months or 3,000 miles, whichever came first. However, with advancements in engine technology and oil formulas, many modern vehicles can go between 5,000 and 10,000 miles before needing an oil change.
Here are factors to consider:
- Vehicle's Age and Model: Newer models are often designed to go longer between oil changes, so consult your owner's manual for specific recommendations.
- Type of Oil: Synthetic oil typically lasts longer than conventional oil, sometimes allowing for up to 15,000 miles between changes.
- Driving Conditions: Frequent short trips, extreme temperatures, heavy loads, or towing can all necessitate more frequent oil changes.
- Oil Life Monitor: Some cars have systems that alert you when it's time for an oil change based on your driving habits and conditions.
It's important not to delay oil changes as old oil can harm your engine's components and affect performance. Regular oil changes at a trusted center like Cerritos Auto Square keep your engine running smoothly and prolong its life.
Yes, at Cerritos Auto Square, we handle a comprehensive range of car repairs, including air conditioning systems. Whether it's a simple recharge, a leak repair, or a complete system overhaul, our certified technicians have the expertise to diagnose and fix the issue. Regular A/C check-ups are vital, especially in warmer climates, to ensure a comfortable driving experience. If your car's A/C is blowing warm air, producing unusual noises, or emitting strange odors, it's time to schedule a service with us.
Yes, Cerritos Auto Square offers comprehensive services, including car window and windshield repairs. From minor chips to full windshield replacements, our certified technicians ensure precise, timely, and high-quality service. It's important not to ignore chips or cracks, as they can compromise your vehicle's structural integrity and safety. If you notice any damage, schedule an appointment with us for a thorough assessment and expert repair or replacement.